This blog is no longer kept.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Tag for my Five Thinking Bloggers

Thanks to Ragamuffin Studies for tagging us with the Thinking Blogger Award.
But, now...
Tag. You're it. If you are on the list below, you are one of my five thinking bloggers.

Gary dares to articulate some deep social issues. His commentary comes across as unbiased, informed and open to different opinions. While I do not always agree with his social analysis, he offers me food for thought and insight into what other Australians think of social problems faced in our country.

Tokyo Girl is new to Australia. The perspective on life she offers raises a giggle in me and causes a reflective process of the time I lived in her mother country (England). An aspiring novelist, I far too often think of her unique writing voice while I am washing the dishes or pretending to enjoy paying my rent. I like her posts and often sneak in with a voyeuristic interest in what she is up to. I have never left a comment for her though because I don't wish to spoil my pleasure of just reading her voice.

Marcella Chester, writer, novelist and date rape survivor posts on sexual violence in its many varieties. Informed and passionate, Marcella tells it as she understands it. Her voice is strong without being opinionated and obstinate. I read abyss2hope to stay abreast of sexual violence issues in the U.S. Working with survivors of sexual violence in my home town, I offer Marcella's site to my curious, afraid and developing clients. Marcella also organizes the Carnival Against Sexual Violence so if you have something to say on the topic, this is the place to submit your post to. One aspect of abyss2hope that really made me think was Marcella's positive anti-sexual violence merchandise marketing across ages, gender and species (she even has Stop Rape Dog T-Shirts). I think Marcella has done an excellent job.

Spasmodic Dysphonia
A supportive voice for those of us who struggle with voice.
Sue Bayliss, retired Social Worker and sufferer of many types of dystonia, is the reason I acquired an analytical mind. She is my mother. Struck down with debilitating disability, Mum has almost completely lost her voice and her muscle functioning throughout her body is failing at a radical rate. She blogs about dystonia and attempts to provide a global, virtual voice to others suffering the isolation and suspicion that goes with dystonia. Through her, I have learnt about the disease, its prevalence and its insidious attempt to rob intelligent thinkers of their voice. Thank you Mum, but gee I hope I have not inherited the gene!

Megin Hatch over at GNMParents
GNMParents (managed by Megin Hatch) is a multi-media channel featuring blogs, podcasts and video, aimed to provide a full and rich content experience for parents at all stages of parenthood. Wanting to inform, entertain and engage the community, I think Megin and the team have done an excellent job at raising consciousness and celebrating parenthood.
A regular reader of all blog authors at GNMParents, I do particularly resonate with Megin's blogging voice. Her accent is community development and safety: two issues very close to my blogging heart.

Gary, Tokyo Girl, Marcella, Mum and Megin: your blogs make me think, reflect and question. Therefore I have nominated you for the Thinking Blogger Award.

The Thinking Blogger Award is blog meme (a virtual game of get to know me) where '5 Blogs That Make Me Think' are displayed and linked to. So congratulations to my five chosen thought provokers: you have won my gratitude and I offer you the: Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of simple rules to the five blogs you are tagging:
  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
  3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
Elisheva over at Ragamuffin Studies tagged and nominated Boy and I for the Thinking Blogger Award (see what she says about us in her "The Thinking Blogger Award" post). What a blast and an absolutely wonderful way to keep Boy's self esteem buoyant. Thank you Elisheva. It is an honour. But....I want to tag you back because your articles have taught me such a lot about Judaism, traditions and home schooling. I find myself reflecting on your posts frequently and they have developed a deeper social understanding in me. You are a thinker and a teacher Elisheva. Thank you for being you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!
I don't know if I am capable of thinking any more. I think my thinking days are long gone....

Megan Bayliss said...

Thanks Kaber.
Isn't it funny how thinking gets worn out when home schooling kids with Aspergers. Somedays I put the kettle in the fridge!!! I guess I could pretend I'm making iced tea!!!

Sue Bayliss said...

Thank you Megan. You have brought a warm ray of reassurance into my being.

Actually, on another note, iced tea sounds really nice. I think you are expressing a redical methodology evolving from the concept of serendipity within a paradigm of role theory.

Who among our midst has already thought about simplifing the every day ritual of iced tea making by putting the kettle in the fridge to cut down on the outdated methodolgy of tired old step by step rituals used for millions of years to make one form of a beverage so versatile it is also used for ceremonies, celebrations, social gatherings, personal refreshment, medicinal purposes, caffeine addiction, cosmetic purposes and much more.

Love you. Mum. XX

Sue Bayliss said...

Megan. I noticed after publishing my above comment that my funny fingers pressed e instead of a. The word intended is radical, not redical.

My funny fingers also missed simplifying.

I do hope you do not have the dystonia gene to stuff up all your muscles! The mind certainly works faster than the body with this disease. XXX

Unknown said...

You have been linked to in my latest post.....

This blog is no longer kept. I am instead blogging only to Imaginif Child Protection became Serious Business