This blog is no longer kept.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Sleepy Village Boy in the Home School Lounge.

Boy's sleep disorder is all over the place. He says he slept poorly last night and he has been up (me too...arrrrrgh!) since 4 AM. After yesterday's animal audit, we intended spending some more time in the garden discovering what bugs are living beneath the composted cardboard. I also had an alternate plan to get Boy to help me with some weeding.


Boy must have known of my evil weeding lesson plan because just as I was ready to enter the sunshine for some natural learning, Boy fell asleep on the couch. There he still lays, peaceful and innocent. Should I wake him. NO WAY! I'm getting so much paper work completed that I want to continue my roll.

If we were traditional schooling, Boy would have had trouble at school today and they probably would have rung me to come and get him. So, in home school generosity and eagerness to clear my own work back log, Boy is having a day off school. This is only the second day off since we started home schooling (the first day off was because of us, not him, and we at least managed some art and craft).

Today is not a totally lost home school day either. In our usual routine, Boy began with his weekly spelling list. Finally, finally, he got 100%. For this alone I think he deserves the rest of the day off. Well done Boy, now just stay asleep for one more hour please.

2 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Ah, how cute!

He's really adorable.

I saw you were going to Brisbane--hope all is well.

I haven't posted since Tuesday night, but I think it was worth it. I think I aced the test.

Megan Bayliss said...

Hi El
we're back. Apparantly Boy was perfect all weekend. Paul flew out before I even got home so that has done Boy over a bit. He sure looked happy to have me come home this evening.

The boys camped on the lounge room floor all weekend - in front of the TV!!!!!! I asked if Paul had cooked and the response was, "Yep, pies and chips." Boy would have been in heaven.

I am glad that you think you've aced the exam. That's generally the best indication of the mark.
Well done to you.
Mxx

This blog is no longer kept. I am instead blogging only to Imaginif Child Protection became Serious Business