This blog is no longer kept.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Tawny Frog Mouth Owl

As a learning experience, boy child and I attended the fantastic Rainforest Habitat in Port Douglas.

Boy declared that he loves the Tawny Frog Mouth: his favorite of all birds. I had no idea he even knew what they were. He rattled off a number of interesting facts about the all Australian bird and I walked away having learnt something. Perhaps boy should be home schooling me!

Did you know that the Tawny Frogmouth is not an owl? I didn’t until boy corrected my “clumsy description of the magnificent animal.” He was right! I looked it up on the net when I got home. They are not an owl, rather a member of the nightjar family. They hunt at night and rest during the day.

Well there you go. Home schooling is working for me already.
Technorati Profile

No comments:

This blog is no longer kept. I am instead blogging only to Imaginif Child Protection became Serious Business